Duckwall Fruit is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Supervisor! This position will oversee the Shipping Office, including but not limited to: verification and maintenance of records concerning the outgoing shipments of packed and processed pears at the Odell plant, and the verification and maintenance of records for incoming shipments of field run pears at the Odell plant. This position will oversee the Shipping/Receiving Clerk.
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
SHIPPING: Verify and maintain records of outgoing shipments of packed and processed pears. Study shipping instructions and assist manifesting of packed fruit.
- Check outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that packed fruit inventory is transferred correctly within the computer system.
- Check drivers in and prioritize order of loading.
- Check with drivers about load weight limits.
- Print bills of lading, phytos, and sign out drivers at completion of loading.
- Maintain records concerning use of palletized loads.
- Maintain CHEP Pallet inventory and reporting.
- Maintain temperature recorder inventory.
- Maintain Quality Control records for loading.
- Maintain product hold and lost inventory program.
- Must be able to manage time well and remain flexible to adjust to shipping activity as needed.
- Oversee the Shipping/Receiving Clerk.
- Assist Cold Storage Supervisor with other duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
RECEIVING: Verify and maintain records of incoming shipments of field run pears.
- Enter grower number, variety, number of bins, and other pertinent information into computer system.
- Print receiving ticket with above information.
- Direct trucks to specific areas to be unloaded.
- Record outside fruit storage information and maintain inventory.
- Manage the picking ticket program.
- Create and maintain daily start/finish pick list.
- Enter grower truck tares.
- Enter empty bin information and maintain inventory.
- Assist with Field Run Controlled Atmosphere rooms/keep track of data.
- Check computer input to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Must be able to manage time well and remain flexible in order to adjust to receiving activity as needed.
- Oversee Shipping/Receiving Clerk.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demand: Physical effort refers to manual effort and may include lifting, moving, pulling, pushing, carrying, manipulating, shoveling, etc. Physical effort applied in this job includes: lifting, pulling, reaching, manipulating, carrying, pushing, shoveling, keying/typing, sweeping, general housekeeping.
Mental or Visual Demand: Continuous mental and visual attention; the work is repetitive requiring constant alertness to monitor the production process and/or identity defects.
Working Conditions: Disagreeable elements typically exposed to in the work area: dust, dirt, heat, cold, fumes, noise, vibration, water, etc.
Special Hazards: Forklift danger, chemicals in area (not directly worked with) Carbon Monoxide, Ammonia.
Attendance: During shipping and receiving times, attendance is critical.
Must be able to move at will to and from scale house, shipping and/or sales office as needed.
Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication. Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the English spoken word. Must be able to convey detailed or important English spoken information to others accurately.
Fluent in English and Spanish preferred.