Implement positive preventative maintenance and lubrication procedures to prolong equipment life and preclude unwarranted down time from preventable equipment malfunctions. Assist shift supervisors as needed.
- Assist with the installation of new equipment as necessary and assume responsibility for the maintenance and repair of all equipment as directed.
- Advise shift supervisor of probable down time in the event of equipment breakdown.
- Implement positive preventative maintenance and lubrication procedures to prolong equipment life and preclude unwarranted down time from preventable equipment malfunctions.
- Assist in maintaining adequate supply of parts and lubricants and notify head maintenance person, giving adequate lead time, when those items are required.
- Assist with clean up work around plant equipment and keep working area and tools clean and organized.
- Ensure that the department is set up for the next shift.
- Follow written Standard Operating Procedures (Sop’s) and notify head maintenance person if a change is necessary in the written procedures.
- Assist with the repair and maintenance of forklifts, company vehicles, and other company equipment as designated.
- Person must be willing to work long and sometimes erratic hours during the season, including nights and weekends, to keep essential equipment in repair and operation.
- Person must furnish own hand tools e.g., screwdrivers, wrenches, hammer, pliers, etc. – hand tools that would normally be carried while working.
- Person must have the ability to work well with others i.e., supervisors, employees, and growers.
- Mechanic must be able to perform designated duties without supervision and demonstrate initiative by accomplishing work that needs to be done.
- Mechanic must be able to write legibly, and accurately complete maintenance records as required.
Classification and Training:
1. Person must have working skills in the areas of electricity, painting, plumbing, welding, mechanics, carpentry, pump and hydraulic systems.
2. Person must be reasonably skilled in operation of metal lathe and drill press.
3. Person must have at least 5 years’ experience in maintenance work and provide references upon request.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical effort applied may include: Lifting, Pulling, Reaching, Manipulating, Carrying, Pushing, Shoveling, Keying/typing, Climbing.
Average hours per week:
- 40, depending on time of season
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.06 – $31.45 per hour
- Machinery Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- mechanical inspection: 5 years (Preferred)
- driver’s license (Preferred)
Work Location: In person